Sunday, August 10, 2014

Every princess needs an organza tutu. I made this one using a sequined headband from the dollar store. Following instructions from YouTube videos I cut strips of blue organza in 6" x 18" and 6" x 17" wide strips. I threaded the end of the strip through a space in the headband and out the front side, repeating the process for the other end 2-3 gaps over. The strips are added about an inch apart. There are two rows. If you choose to use tulle, you will probably want 3 rows to get the same fullness. I finished the waistband with a strip of satin ribbon attached the same way as the strips and tied into a bow. This went together really fast. I had it done in an evening. This tutu was a gift for a friend's daughter's first birthday. The picture was so cute - a big puff of organza with a darling blue-eyed toddler peeking out.



No comments:

Post a Comment